FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A. Getting Started: Responses to 3 Questions
B. Using the Night Shift: Solutions for 15 Potential Issues
C. Night Shift Reports: Solutions for 9 Common Questions
D. Portal Features: Instructions for 6 Potential Issues
E. Night Shift Battery and Vibration Test: confirm your device is working
Please follow the steps below to test your Night Shift’s battery and vibration motors.
- Step 1. Plug the device into your computer.
- Step 2. Device turns on automatically.
- Step 2a. If the device did not turn on automatically, please use a different cable and plug the device back into the computer.
- Step 2b. If the device still does not turn on automatically, try using a different USB port or computer.
- Step 2c. If the device still does not turn on automatically, leave the device plugged in for at least 15 minutes and check to see if the device has turned on by viewing the green light on the device.
- Step 3. Push the button to turn the device off. One vibration is felt as device turns off.
- Step 4. After a few seconds, device turns itself on automatically.
- Step 5. Leave the device charging for 3 hours or until the light on the device turns off and the device is fully charged.
- Step 6. Now that the device is fully charged, unplug the device from the computer.
- Step 7. Put the device into “test” mode by holding the on/off button down continuously (about 7-seconds) until the device vibrates.
- Step 8. With the blue label facing down, place the device on a flat surface. Place two fingers on the black label of the device to feel the vibrations.
- Step 9. After 30 seconds, the device should begin vibrating. After the first six vibrations, did the intensity increase? Wait another six vibrations, did it increase again? There should seven levels of intensity with six vibrations at each level. Following the six vibrations at the seventh level, the vibration intensity and frequency should begin a random pattern.
If you still believe that your device is not functioning correctly, please email your Night Shift Healthcare provider with your problem and what step of the Battery and Vibration test did not work as expected. The Night Shift device is intended to be operated by the patient, but is not intended to be serviced or maintained by the patient. Servicing and maintenance must be completed by the manufacturer or an authorized distributor. Please contact your Night Shift Healthcare provider if you have any questions.
F. Night Shift Expected Service Life
The Night Shift device has an expected service life of three years. The battery, haptic motors, and strap are considered replaceable components and are expected to be replaced during the three year service life of the Night Shift device. The battery has an expected service life of two years, which can be compromised if the device is left charging for extended periods when the battery is fully charged. The haptic motors have an expected service life of 30 hours of vibration. The straps have an expected service life of 6 months when used every day. The expected service life is not a guarantee (see warranty information below).
G. Night Shift Warranty
Night Shift includes a two-year warranty for assembly workmanship and electronic components, one-year warranty for haptic motors and battery, and six month warranty for strap. Warranty does not cover damage attributed to improper use by the customer. Night Shift is a medical device that is not water-proof, pet-proof, or mistake-proof. The warranty will be voided if an attempt is made to open the enclosure or change the battery.
H. Additional Technical Information and Safety Requirements
||Storage / Transportation*
|Temperature / Relative Humidity
||5°C to 40°C (41°F to 104°F), relative humidity 15% to 90%, non-condensing and water vapor pressure up to 5kPa
||-25°C to 5°C (-13°F to 41°F), 5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F) with relative humidity up to 90%, non-condensing, 35°C to 70°C (95°F to 158°F) at water vapor pressure up to 5kPa
||70 kPa to 106 kPa
20.6 in. Hg to 31.3 in. Hg
|70 kPa to 106 kPa
20.6 in. Hg to 31.3 in. Hg
*If device is stored or transported at temperatures < 5°C (41°F) or > 40°C (104°F), the device must be kept at room
temperature (20°C / 68°F) for a minimum of 6 hours, or until the device has reached safe operating temperatures (5°C to
40°C / 41°F to 104°F), prior to use
I. Night Shift Technical Support
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Night Shift Support team at http://nightshifttherapy.com/support/technical-support/ or by phone at (760) 720-0099. Our Technical Support team is available on weekdays from 8-5PM (Pacific Time).